Caister cash is real deal
CAISTER is set to benefit from a �10,000 cash bonanza with residents voting on how the money is spent.
Community organisations and projects can bid for a slice of the funding from the scheme called Caister – The Real Deal.
A steering committee, comprising of local residents, parish and borough councillors, and local authority representatives has been set up to oversee the process.
Leaflets were delivered to villagers inviting suggestions about any worthy project, plan or scheme.
Views have been collected and now residents will be balloted about their preferred choices with voting slips delivered to every household between December 11 and 13.
You may also want to watch:
An open day is being held at the Council Hall, Yarmouth Road, where people share their views with steering committee members.
Ballot slips will be given to any resident who wishes to cast their vote at that time. The last date for votes is Friday, December 31.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 3 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 4 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 7 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 8 Public response 'phenomenal' as Yarmouth festival sold out
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 'People here know my name' - how crisis cafe is helping mental health
Votes can be made by post to The Real Deal, Caister Youth and Community Centre, Yarmouth Road, Caister-on-Sea. NR30 5BS; by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or at voting boxes at: Offord’s Post Office, 9 – 11 Yarmouth Road; Tesco Stores, Yarmouth Road; Caister Library, Beach Road; The Post Office, Winifred Way.
Cash from Community Cohesion funding is part of the Participatory Budgeting Scheme distributed by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.