Siblings celebrate 1,000th order at coastal cake shop
- Credit: Submitted
A sister and brother have been celebrating the 1,000th order since refurbishing their cake shop's website.
After Ellese Harrison, 34, had to close her shop on Branford Road in Caister in March last year, she continued to bake cakes and deliver them to customers.
"But it got to the point I had to stop because we had three or four cars out everyday going to deliver cupcakes to people," she said.
"The most we did in one day was 360 cupcakes.
"It was too much for me to do on my own," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Her brother Tyler, meanwhile, had lost his job due to the pandemic, and as a lockdown project he decided to help his sister build a new website for her business, which would make it easier for customers to place orders.
Last week, the shop received its 1,000th order since last November, when the new website went live.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital
Ms Harrison said it was "amazing" while her brother said he was "delighted" for his sister.
The shop employs seven people.
Its website can be viewed at https://ellesebakes.com/