SOLD! £10 jar of air from Caister beach snapped up by Welsh buyer
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A jar of air sampling the seaside scent of Caister beach has been snapped up for £10.
An advert was placed on auction website eBay this week promising “fresh, invigorating and fortifying” air from the village’s beach, hand sealed in a jar.
Thomas McGuechen, 32 from the village, posted the advert purely as a joke among friends, but was amazed to discover a buyer from Wales had taken him up on his offer.
He said: “People have been selling air online for a long time and after joking around with my friends I thought I would try it myself.
“It all started out as just a bit of fun, but I’ve re-listed it now in case anybody else wants some too.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr McGuechen added he is now considering adding a new product to his line - a “beach in a box” which would consist of “sand and jars of sunshine”.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 4 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 5 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 75th wedding anniversary for couple who 'love each other to bits'
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'