Caister pupils trip of a lifetime
PUPILS from Caister High School enjoyed the trip of a lifetime this summer - performing in front of hundreds of people at Disneyland Paris. Youngsters aged from 11 to 18 got the chance to shine on stage at the world famous resort after successfully auditioning for a slot last November in London.
PUPILS from Caister High School enjoyed the trip of a lifetime this summer - performing in front of hundreds of people at Disneyland Paris.
Youngsters aged from 11 to 18 got the chance to shine on stage at the world famous resort after successfully auditioning for a slot last November in London.
And it was a big coup for Caister High - one of only 20 schools across the UK to get the chance to travel to the resort and the only school in Norfolk.
Twenty seven pupils took part in the performance and were accompanied on the trip with staff, parents and other supporters.
Their performance, themed on movies, started with a street dance piece from the film Step Up, followed by a piece from Moulin Rouge. Younger performers did Car Wash and the performance wrapped up with a dance from Hairspray.
Dance teacher Emma Preston said: “All the dancers did really well and the project involved a lot of hard work and commitment. They loved it because they got to spend time in Disney and go behind the scenes in the theatre. All these pupils are gifted and talented and will go on to greater things.”
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
Last year 46 pupils of the Caister High School Arts College Dance Company travelled to London to perform at the Sadler Wells Theatre and were invited to go to Disneyland.
Pupils began rehearsing their performance in January this year and took part in fundraising activities to fund their costumes.