Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- Credit: James Weeds
Traffic delays are continuing on Caister Road as traffic has gone down to one lane in both directions following a burst water main.
Cars are backed up to Lawn Avenue in one direction and to Caister bypass in another.
The burst water main was reported to Essex and Suffolk Water at 12.15pm today.
Police have closed one lane on both sides of Caister road.
Two Essex and Suffolk engineers were on the scene, while Norfolk constabulary monitored traffic on the other side of the road.
A spokesperson from Essex & Suffolk Water said: “We had a significant burst to one of our 24-inch water mains on Caister Road.
“Our engineers are on site and have isolated the burst.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 4 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 5 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 8 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 65,000 attend Out There Festival
“We are working with the local authorities, and the police are in the area helping to manage traffic flow.
"The road is currently down to one lane in both directions.
“We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience that may be caused as we work hard to return things back to normal.”
Follow updates on Twitter via @eswater_care.