Caister teen aims to be beauty queen
A GIRL from Caister has edged closer to taking the title of Miss Teen Queen UK after being scouted earlier this year.
Jasmine Heller, 16, was first spotted by an agency while at a dance exhibition in London in March, and after a photoshoot was put forward for the national competition.
She has now beaten thousands of others to make it through to the competition semi finals, and is relying on people voting for her online to make it through to the final.
Her mother, Cindy, explained they got the call saying she had made it to the semis on Tuesday night. She said: “I’m so proud of her, and now we need as many votes as we can get. I always thought she had the looks to do something like this.”
The former Caister High pupil is hoping to be one of two out of 50 to make it through her heats to the finals, which are being held in London in September.
You may also want to watch:
Jasmine said: “I’m pretty shocked, to be honest, I never thought it would come to this. My friends are really happy for me and, hopefully, they’re going to vote for me.”
Among the prizes, the overall winner will go on to represent the UK in an international pageant, with expenses paid.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
To send a text vote for Jasmine, go to www.missteenqueenuk.com, and go to 2011 Teen Queen Heats, where Jasmine is No 15. Voting closes 11.30pm on Wednesday, June 15.