Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A seaside resort in Norfolk is one of the most sought-after in the UK, according to a property website.
Rightmove has revealed the villages across the country that were trending with househunters last month, and claiming third spot was Caister.
The village, with a population of approximately 9,000, is known for its sweep of sandy beaches and its lifeboating history, as well as a Roman fort from the year 200.
Rightmove compares the volumes of people inquiring about homes for sale with the number of available properties and the general size of villages to work out which places are most in demand.
The average price tag on a home in Caister, described by Rightmove as a "staycation hotspot", is just over £231,000, up from £219,000 a year ago.
Dan Crawley, director of Aldreds, an estate agents based in Great Yarmouth, said: "Caister is a very big place for a village and also a very convenient place to live.
"And being by the sea, it gets a huge amount of relocators, for retirement, often people who have holidayed there through their lives," he added.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 4 From classic cars to monster trucks - Wheels Festival draws thousands
- 5 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 6 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 7 Roadworks to know about in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston this week
- 8 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 9 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
- 10 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
At the top of the list was Boston Spa in West Yorkshire, with Milford-on-Sea in Hampshire coming second.