Call to volunteer teams
A BODY set up to champion the county's voluntary organisations is going from strength to strength.And now Norfolk Unites is calling on more so-called “third sector” organisations and charities to find out what it has to offer.
A BODY set up to champion the county's voluntary organisations is going from strength to strength.
And now Norfolk Unites is calling on more so-called “third sector” organisations and charities to find out what it has to offer.
Norfolk Unites was developed from January to October 2008, funded by the Learning and Skills Council, to support the development of a Norfolk third sector learning and skills consortium.
Its website aims to offer a one-stop service to help voluntary bodies find training, funding and partnership opportunities.
Norfolk Unites operates a directory in which organisations are registered by what they do, where they do it and the people they serve.
Third sector organisations can register free of charge.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Christmas cheer despite Storm Arwen at Christmas market
- 4 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
- 5 Man arrested in connection with sexual assault of girl released on bail
- 6 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 7 'Great to be back' - Big crowd at Great Yarmouth Christmas lights switch on
- 8 Staffing issues prompts Yarmouth vaccine centre to cancel walk-ins
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
Should relevant contracts come up, Norfolk Unites contacts specific organisations registered with it.
A recent example, from the end of June, is a City College Norwich-led European Social Fund application for NEET in Norwich, in which six third sector organisations were included in the bid, thanks to Norfolk Unites.
In June, the directory was used by 333 people, who searched for information on organisations, and 211 people looked up the funding page.
More information about what's on offer is available at www.norfolkunites.org.uk