Call to volunteer teams
A BODY set up to champion the county's voluntary organisations is going from strength to strength.And now Norfolk Unites is calling on more so-called “third sector” organisations and charities to find out what it has to offer.
A BODY set up to champion the county's voluntary organisations is going from strength to strength.
And now Norfolk Unites is calling on more so-called “third sector” organisations and charities to find out what it has to offer.
Norfolk Unites was developed from January to October 2008, funded by the Learning and Skills Council, to support the development of a Norfolk third sector learning and skills consortium.
Its website aims to offer a one-stop service to help voluntary bodies find training, funding and partnership opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Unites operates a directory in which organisations are registered by what they do, where they do it and the people they serve.
Third sector organisations can register free of charge.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Man released on bail following Gorleston murder arrest
- 3 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 4 Vacant bar, restaurant and hotel sells at auction
- 5 Tiny dog almost loses leg after stepping on broken glass
- 6 Former town centre pub set to become flats
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 8 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
Should relevant contracts come up, Norfolk Unites contacts specific organisations registered with it.
A recent example, from the end of June, is a City College Norwich-led European Social Fund application for NEET in Norwich, in which six third sector organisations were included in the bid, thanks to Norfolk Unites.
In June, the directory was used by 333 people, who searched for information on organisations, and 211 people looked up the funding page.
More information about what's on offer is available at www.norfolkunites.org.uk