Camp Rock wows the crowds
BRITAIN'S Got Talent star Tobias Mead wowed the crowds with his funky moves at the Camp Rock 2: Final Jam tour.The top street dancer was on stage promoting the forthcoming Disney Channel movie in Great Yarmouth on Saturday.
BRITAIN'S Got Talent star Tobias Mead wowed the crowds with his funky moves at the Camp Rock 2: Final Jam tour.
The top street dancer was on stage promoting the forthcoming Disney Channel movie in Great Yarmouth on Saturday.
The show featured the latest dance move to sweep the country, Pass It On, created by Camp Rock choreographer Rosero McCoy.
Hundreds of fans sang and danced along with the performers at the Sea Life Centre gardens, while screens showed clips from the movie.
Before finding fame on the ITV1 show, Tobias had turned his back on a professional football career to pursue his dream of becoming a dancer.
Speaking to the Mercury before taking to the stage, he said: “My life has changed so much since appearing on Britian's Got Talent - it's gone crazy.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
“People are always stopping me and asking for my autograph and there is no time to be at home. The reaction has been brilliant, I have had great support.
“I was inspired to become a dancer by Michael Jackson's moonwalk at his 30th anniversary show, and by the Billy Elliot movie.
“Football wasn't for me, as I don't like running around in the rain. Mum and Dad were apprehensive about me becoming a dancer at first, but realised that it was what I really wanted to do.
“Appearing on Britain's Got Talent was nerve-wracking, confidence- building and a blast. I was about to walk away before the live semi-final. I was okay in front of the audience, but it was daunting appearing before the judges.”
After completing the Camp Rock 2 tour, Tobias is heading to India for the GQ awards before taking part in the World Break-Dancing Championships.
Starring Joe and Nick Jonas, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam premieres next month. It is the sequel to the smash hit movie Camp Rock, seen by 137m people worldwide.