Can you give Great Yarmouth’s beach donkeys a home?
An appeal has gone out to find a winter homes for Great Yarmouth donkeys who provide rides along the seafront during the summer season.
The owners would like to find alternative accommodation for their donkeys during the winter to give them a well-deserved break.
They are currently working closely with international animal welfare charity The Donkey Sanctuary to find temporary accommodation for their donkeys.
Shelagh Steel, The Donkey Sanctuary's regional welfare officer responsible for the East of England said:
'Caring for donkeys can be incredibly rewarding, and looking after beach donkeys over the winter months will not only ensure that they can rest from their summer duties, but also give you hours of fun.
'Donkeys are companion animals and so any winter accommodation would need to be able to take a pair or group of donkeys. If you can provide an acre of well-fenced grazing with a shelter, fresh water supply and electricity, and have the time and commitment to care for donkeys over the winter months, please get in touch.'
The Donkey Sanctuary can provide free support and advice to anyone interested in helping out. Those who would like to find out more about providing a winter home to the beach donkeys can contact Shelagh Steel on 07836 756117 or the charity's Welfare Department 01395 578222.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 3 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 4 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 5 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 6 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 7 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 8 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 9 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 10 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount