Cannabis plants found at Yarmouth hotel
MORE than 500 cannabis plants have been seized by police at a Great Yarmouth hotel which has been converted into a drugs factory.Officers executed a search warrant at the Waverley Hotel, on Princes Road, on Wednesday at about 1.
MORE than 500 cannabis plants have been seized by police at a Great Yarmouth hotel which has been converted into a drugs factory.
Officers executed a search warrant at the Waverley Hotel, on Princes Road, on Wednesday at about 1.30pm and found more than 500 growing cannabis plants in about 20 rooms on two floors of the hotel.
Police also found evidence of a previous crop along with 200 sacks of fertiliser. There is also evidence that the electric supply has been illegally tapped and electricians had been called in to make the hotel safe.
No arrests have been made and yesterday officers were making inquiries to try and trace the owners.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 3 Rogue builder's victims say home is 'finally watertight' one year on
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 New wave of beach huts snapped up in Gorleston
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Head teacher: 'It's not true that nobody from Great Yarmouth goes to uni'
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Community garden to close permanently due to Covid funding crisis
- 10 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist