Cannabis plants found at Yarmouth hotel
MORE than 500 cannabis plants have been seized by police at a Great Yarmouth hotel which has been converted into a drugs factory.Officers executed a search warrant at the Waverley Hotel, on Princes Road, on Wednesday at about 1.
MORE than 500 cannabis plants have been seized by police at a Great Yarmouth hotel which has been converted into a drugs factory.
Officers executed a search warrant at the Waverley Hotel, on Princes Road, on Wednesday at about 1.30pm and found more than 500 growing cannabis plants in about 20 rooms on two floors of the hotel.
Police also found evidence of a previous crop along with 200 sacks of fertiliser. There is also evidence that the electric supply has been illegally tapped and electricians had been called in to make the hotel safe.
No arrests have been made and yesterday officers were making inquiries to try and trace the owners.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 4 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 5 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area