Cannabis plants found at Yarmouth hotel
MORE than 500 cannabis plants have been seized by police at a Great Yarmouth hotel which has been converted into a drugs factory.Officers executed a search warrant at the Waverley Hotel, on Princes Road, on Wednesday at about 1.
MORE than 500 cannabis plants have been seized by police at a Great Yarmouth hotel which has been converted into a drugs factory.
Officers executed a search warrant at the Waverley Hotel, on Princes Road, on Wednesday at about 1.30pm and found more than 500 growing cannabis plants in about 20 rooms on two floors of the hotel.
Police also found evidence of a previous crop along with 200 sacks of fertiliser. There is also evidence that the electric supply has been illegally tapped and electricians had been called in to make the hotel safe.
No arrests have been made and yesterday officers were making inquiries to try and trace the owners.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach