Investigations ongoing into incident which saw car crash through wall
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to investigate an incident which saw a car crash through a brick wall.
A man in his 30s was arrested following the collision in Tottenham Street, Great Yarmouth, on Thursday, June 13.
Dramatic CCTV footage of the crash showed a black car veering off the road and ploughing through a brick wall on a resident's drive at around 7.30pm.
The male was arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent, theft, possession of drugs and fraud.
He was later released under investigation.
The CCTV footage showed the driver leaving his vehicle before police officers arrived at the scene.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said officers were continuing to investigate the incident.
Maria Proto who lives in Tottenham Street said her son's new Audi was parked on the drive where the car crashed through.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 7 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 8 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
She said: "Thankfully nobody was hurt. It was horrible.
"I've never seen anything like it.
"I'm just glad my son's new car wasn't too badly damaged."