Car smashes through hoardings at building site and ends up on beach
- Credit: Archant
A car had to be recovered from the beach in Great Yarmouth after smashing through the hoardings surrounding the now-demolished Marina Centre.
Officers were called to Marine Parade in the seaside town shortly before 6.30am on Saturday, October 24 following reports of a single vehicle crash involving a Citroen.
Police said nobody was injured in the incident and the male driver was dealt with for a number of traffic offences.
The vehicle sat in the sand for almost five hours and was recovered at 11.20am that morning.
In a statement, Great Yarmouth Borough Council said: “The vehicle came from inside the redevelopment site at the Marina Centre and went through the beach-side hoardings, ending up on the beach.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver was the only person involved, and the security company on site took the relevant steps to organise the safe recovery of the car.
“The matter was resolved swiftly and the hoardings damaged repaired.”
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 3 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 6 Virtual Christmas light switch-on brings town 'out of darkness of Covid'
- 7 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 8 Could 'community asset' listing save this decaying village pub?
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Seaside holiday home bid for former Virgin Media hub