Car smashes through hoardings at building site and ends up on beach
- Credit: Archant
A car had to be recovered from the beach in Great Yarmouth after smashing through the hoardings surrounding the now-demolished Marina Centre.
Officers were called to Marine Parade in the seaside town shortly before 6.30am on Saturday, October 24 following reports of a single vehicle crash involving a Citroen.
Police said nobody was injured in the incident and the male driver was dealt with for a number of traffic offences.
The vehicle sat in the sand for almost five hours and was recovered at 11.20am that morning.
In a statement, Great Yarmouth Borough Council said: “The vehicle came from inside the redevelopment site at the Marina Centre and went through the beach-side hoardings, ending up on the beach.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver was the only person involved, and the security company on site took the relevant steps to organise the safe recovery of the car.
“The matter was resolved swiftly and the hoardings damaged repaired.”
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 3 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 4 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 5 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 6 Virtual Christmas light switch-on brings town 'out of darkness of Covid'
- 7 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 10 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears