Burning car on coast linked to Broads’ village burglary
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A car fire in Hopton is being linked to a burglary a few miles away in a Broads’ village.
Emergency services were called to the blaze in Coast Road around 12.30am on Tuesday morning.
One fire crew from Gorleston took around half an hour to deal with the blaze.
Police said the car, a Volvo estate, was being linked to a burglary in Beccles Road, St Olaves, at around 9.30pm on Monday.
A number of items of garden machinery were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze is being treated as arson.
A police spokesman said there was nothing to indicate the car had been stolen.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 3 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 4 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 5 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 6 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 7 Virtual Christmas light switch-on brings town 'out of darkness of Covid'
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 10 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
The stop message from the fire service came through at 1.21pm.
Fire crews said they used breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze.
Anyone with information is asked to call Norfolk Police via 101 quoting crime number eight and November 13.
Alternatively witnesses can call Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555111.