Care home bid for seaside bungalow
- Credit: Google Maps
A bungalow a stone's throw from the beach is bidding to become a residential care home.
Red Oaks Care wants to turn the property in Beach Drive, Scratby, into a six-bed facility for adults with learning disabilities.
Papers submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council show a small extension and provision for five parking spaces on the corner plot.
The proposals show six en-suite rooms said to be similar to another home run by the same operators in Mulbarton, also hosted by a remodelled bungalow where a change of use was granted.
There will be three day and two evening staff on duty with the operators saying they hope to recruit locally to minimise the reliance on travel to work by car.
A food delivery van will also need to visit twice a day.
A Care Quality Commission report published on January 11 said the care home in Mulbarton "appeared clean and highly personalised" and that there were "examples of good practice" when it came to Covid infection control and cleaning.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 3 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 4 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 5 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 6 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 7 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 8 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 9 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 10 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
The bungalow was put up for sale with a price tag of £275,000 in March 2018, having previously been sold for £91,000 in April 1999.
At the time the estate agents said: "The vendors have thoroughly enjoyed their time here, in particular the scenery."
To view the plans click the link here.
A decision is due by March 17.