Carers' Cafe offering free help
A CARERS' Caf� - a free drop-in event for carers of any age - is to be held at the Vauxhall Centre in Norwich, next week.Next Tuesday the centre will be opening its doors to carers from 1pm to 3pm.
A CARERS' Caf� - a free drop-in event for carers of any age - is to be held at the Vauxhall Centre in Norwich, next week.
Next Tuesday the centre will be opening its doors to carers from 1pm to 3pm. The free session is an opportunity for carers to get advice and information, talk to others about their experiences and enjoy refreshments. Carers can also take advantage of free relaxation treatments.
Experts from The Alzheimer's Society, Crossroads Care, Norwich District Carers Forum, Mind plus other carer support groups will be on hand to offer information and advice at the cafe.
Staff from the Norfolk County Council Library Service will attend the event with a range of relevant books and memory boxes on offer.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be advice and ideas on using the memory boxes which consist of objects that help trigger memories for people who have dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
For more information please contact Stuart Haydon on 01603 729803 or Sue Clark on 01603 729802.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 8 'I was genuinely worried' - Theatre director on reopening in Tier 2
- 9 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 10 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search