Carers' Cafe offering free help
A CARERS' Caf� - a free drop-in event for carers of any age - is to be held at the Vauxhall Centre in Norwich, next week.Next Tuesday the centre will be opening its doors to carers from 1pm to 3pm.
A CARERS' Caf� - a free drop-in event for carers of any age - is to be held at the Vauxhall Centre in Norwich, next week.
Next Tuesday the centre will be opening its doors to carers from 1pm to 3pm. The free session is an opportunity for carers to get advice and information, talk to others about their experiences and enjoy refreshments. Carers can also take advantage of free relaxation treatments.
Experts from The Alzheimer's Society, Crossroads Care, Norwich District Carers Forum, Mind plus other carer support groups will be on hand to offer information and advice at the cafe.
Staff from the Norfolk County Council Library Service will attend the event with a range of relevant books and memory boxes on offer.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be advice and ideas on using the memory boxes which consist of objects that help trigger memories for people who have dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
For more information please contact Stuart Haydon on 01603 729803 or Sue Clark on 01603 729802.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 8 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing