Carla's family's garden hopes
MOURNERS crowded into Gorleston Crematorium to bid farewell to mother-of-two Carla Saunders, who died of lung cancer in August.Hundreds of wellwishers filled the crematorium's chapel, with many having to stand outside to listen to the service.
MOURNERS crowded into Gorleston Crematorium to bid farewell to mother-of-two Carla Saunders, who died of lung cancer in August.
Hundreds of wellwishers filled the crematorium's chapel, with many having to stand outside to listen to the service.
Carla died aged just 33 less than a year after being diagnosed with cancer in September last year. The former Oriel High School pupil underwent a course of chemotherapy but it could not prevent the disease from spreading.
Her partner Tremaine Kent, 40, paid a moving tribute to Carla during the service on Friday and spoke of how the love in their relationship had never been stronger than during the last six months of her life.
You may also want to watch:
A number of songs were played during the service including Beautiful Girl by INXS, Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt and You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins.
Carla's family have set up an appeal fund to raise �30,000 for the Palliative Care East Appeal to pay for the garden at the new �1.5m palliative care centre in the grounds of James Paget University Hospital.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 3 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 7 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
The campaign has had a good start thanks to �5,875 raised at Carla's funeral from an auction of various items including two tickets to drive with BBC show Top Gear's The Stig and a signed Norwich City shirt.
Many other fundraising events have been planned including a sponsored event at Fitness 2000 on September 19, while Mr Kent is planning to run from Yarmouth to Wales in aid of the appeal.