Carla's family's garden hopes
MOURNERS crowded into Gorleston Crematorium to bid farewell to mother-of-two Carla Saunders, who died of lung cancer in August.Hundreds of wellwishers filled the crematorium's chapel, with many having to stand outside to listen to the service.
MOURNERS crowded into Gorleston Crematorium to bid farewell to mother-of-two Carla Saunders, who died of lung cancer in August.
Hundreds of wellwishers filled the crematorium's chapel, with many having to stand outside to listen to the service.
Carla died aged just 33 less than a year after being diagnosed with cancer in September last year. The former Oriel High School pupil underwent a course of chemotherapy but it could not prevent the disease from spreading.
Her partner Tremaine Kent, 40, paid a moving tribute to Carla during the service on Friday and spoke of how the love in their relationship had never been stronger than during the last six months of her life.
You may also want to watch:
A number of songs were played during the service including Beautiful Girl by INXS, Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt and You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins.
Carla's family have set up an appeal fund to raise �30,000 for the Palliative Care East Appeal to pay for the garden at the new �1.5m palliative care centre in the grounds of James Paget University Hospital.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 4 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
The campaign has had a good start thanks to �5,875 raised at Carla's funeral from an auction of various items including two tickets to drive with BBC show Top Gear's The Stig and a signed Norwich City shirt.
Many other fundraising events have been planned including a sponsored event at Fitness 2000 on September 19, while Mr Kent is planning to run from Yarmouth to Wales in aid of the appeal.