Cat warning after spate of incidents
Cat owners in Caister are being urged to keep a close eye on their pets after a spate of unexplained accidents and disappearances.Angela Barber of Norwich Road fears more animals are at risk after three of her pets met with misfortune in the last month.
Cat owners in Caister are being urged to keep a close eye on their pets after a spate of unexplained accidents and disappearances.
Angela Barber of Norwich Road fears more animals are at risk after three of her pets met with misfortune in the last month.
First Cleo was delivered dead to her doorstep in a carrier bag, the large ginger Tom went missing and finally little Mittens was found in a neighbour's garden with a broken leg which vets say may have to be amputated.
Mrs Barber, a teaching assistant at Caister Junior School said the family including husband Gareth, a window fabricator, and eight year old Chloe were upset by the incidents and that although there was no way of telling if they were deliberate or not she wanted to warn other people to keep an eye on their animals.
You may also want to watch:
She said it beggared belief that someone would knock over a cat but not leave a note, adding: “If she had been knocked over I wouldn't have been angry because it happens sometimes.”
Cleo, a rescue cat, had lived with the family for around 18 months. Her collar was left separately. Mittens' collar was missing when she was found. All the animals were micro-chipped.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 9 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'