Cats poisoned in Caister
PUBLISHED: 18:06 05 September 2011
A CAISTER pensioner has described how he has lost two friends after he had to have two of his beloved cats put down due to suspected poisoning.
Norman Carroll, 60, of St Julian Road, said a neighbour told him one of her cats had died from poisoning and he subsequently found his black and white moggy Fanny lying under a Jasmine bush in his back garden in an “extremely poorly” state on Saturday evening.
However, the situation took a devastating turn for the worse when he returned home after Fanny was put down at Haven vets in Yarmouth as a neighbour found his other black and white moggy Effie, two, in a similar state and she also had to be put down.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.