WATCH: Dramatic moment car smashes into garden wall
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A driver was caught on camera reversing out of a parking space, immediately losing control, and smashing into a garden wall before driving off.
The 50-second clip released by Norfolk Police shows what appears to be a man and a woman approaching a parked vehicle at around 1.49am on Saturday, September 21, in Almond Road, Gorleston.
The male driver and a female passenger are seen getting into the light-coloured car and quickly reversing.
The car then spins round and immediately crashes into a garden wall, almost out of shot, before driving away - the family inside reeling with shock.
Following the incident police were able to identify it as a silver car from debris left in the garden.
Householder Robert Trueman told how he and his wife Sue were woken by the crash and the sounds of an engine revving as the vehicle sped off without stopping.
You may also want to watch:
His 19-year-old son's car which was parked in the drive was also written-off as a result of the crash.
The vehicle involved, likely a silver Vauxhall Astra, would have sustained substantial damage.
- 1 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 2 Firefighters rescue man trapped in crane
- 3 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 6 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
- 7 Ho, ho...go! Santa sleigh run going ahead with rule of six
- 8 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 9 Least used railway station in Britain is in Norfolk
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
Anyone with information is asked to conact PC Adrian Young at Gorleston Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.