Popular store which was gutted by fire will return
- Credit: James Weeds
A Great Yarmouth high street entertainment store which was recently closed due to a fire has announced it will reopen.
Cex, the entertainment store which specialises in electronics, games and DVDs, went up in flames on the evening of Thursday, June 3.
Firefighters tackled the shop blaze from around 8pm until approximately 3am on Friday, June 4.
A spokesperson from Cex said: "We will be opening back up in the town and we’re keen to get Cex back to the people of Great Yarmouth as soon as possible."
The spokesman for the high street chain said they were currently unable to comment on how long it will take for them to be up and running again in the town.
However, Alex Wikinson, head of franchising for Cex said he imagines it will "take months."
You may also want to watch:
The store has been operating from its King Street location since 2011.
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 6 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 7 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale