‘The club would not have been here without him’ - Long-serving member steps down as chairman of cricket club
- Credit: Archant
A long-serving member of a cricket club who led his team to its first top flight title in the region has stepped down as chairman.
Lee Fitzsimmons, who has been an integral part of Great Yarmouth Cricket Club (GYCC) for 25 years, has been praised for his “massive achievements” at the club and has now been made life president.
Adam Cory, social media manager at GYCC, has thanked Mr Fitzsimmons for the commitment and dedication he has shown during his time at the club.
He said: “We cannot be more thankful of everything Lee has done for us both on and off the pitch.
“The club would not have been here without him.”
In 2013, Mr Fitzsimmons captained the club’s first team - guiding them to their first division one title of the Norfolk Cricket League.
Mr Fitzsimmons, who has been chairman of the club for the last couple of years, will be replaced by Mark Chapman.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Anyone interested in joining or sponsoring GYCC should contact Mark on 07742 974983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.