Chance for local youngsters to share stage with Tracy Beaker star
LOCAL youngsters are being given a chance to shine alongside their favourite children’s TV personalities in a professional production of the Wizard of Oz at the Britannia Pier Theatre.
Enchanted Entertainment are looking for children aged six and upwards to play the part of the lovable Munchkins in their all-star pantomime this Easter.
The cast features a host of professional performers including No 1 children’s star Dani Harmer, who plays Tracy Beaker, in the iconic role of Dorothy.
She will be joined along the Yellow Brick Road by comedy legend Bobby Davro as Scarecrow, star of CBeebies’ Mighty-Mites & Tikkabilla, Sarah-Jane Honeywell as Glinda, and Aaron Sidwell who played Steven Beale in EastEnders as the Wicked Witch of the West’s henchman.
Workshops are being held at Great Yarmouth High School on the evenings of Wednesday, and Thursday, March 28 and 29, and every child that attends is guaranteed a place in the production.
Producer Jezz Weatherall said: “We’re really looking forward to coming to Great Yarmouth at the end of the month with this all-new Easter pantomime and the fact that local children can be involved as the Munchkins is just great.
“There’s a real buzz across the county that this show is coming to the area and the children playing Munchkins will be performing on stage with our cast at the start of the Easter school holidays.”
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 10 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
Enchanted Entertainment will be bringing two performances of The Wizard of Oz to the Britannia Pier on Sunday, April 1 at 3pm and 6.30pm.
Director Rob Forknall said: “It’s going to be great fun for all the family both young and old alike. This show will take the original book written by L Frank Baum and give it a new twist.”
There are only 24 places on each workshop session and the cost is �35 per child.
To book a workshop place for their children parents need to visit www.enchantedworkshops.co.uk
Tickets for the pantomime priced from �16 - �18 are on sale now. Call the 24 hour booking hotline on 0871 220 0260 or book online at www.seetickets.com