Your chance to go behind the scenes at Yarmouth fire station
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
Fire crews in Great Yarmouth are hosting a fundraising open day on Saturday.
As well as the chance to have a look around the town’s fire station in Friars Lane, visitors can also find out more about the fire engines and other vehicles, the equipment the service uses, as well as getting a host of advice including fire prevention and water safety.
People of all ages are welcome to go along and find out more about the work of Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Norfolk Fire Museum, Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue and Hemsby Lifeboat will also be attending and there will be a cake stall.
Funds raised will go to The Fire Fighters’ Charity, which supports firefighters who are unwell or injured and their families.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police will also be showing off their Mitsubishi Evo car and police bike.
The open day is on Saturday October 6 from 10-1pm.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
Admission is free.