Your chance to go behind the scenes at Yarmouth fire station
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
Fire crews in Great Yarmouth are hosting a fundraising open day on Saturday.
As well as the chance to have a look around the town’s fire station in Friars Lane, visitors can also find out more about the fire engines and other vehicles, the equipment the service uses, as well as getting a host of advice including fire prevention and water safety.
People of all ages are welcome to go along and find out more about the work of Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Norfolk Fire Museum, Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue and Hemsby Lifeboat will also be attending and there will be a cake stall.
Funds raised will go to The Fire Fighters’ Charity, which supports firefighters who are unwell or injured and their families.
Norfolk Police will also be showing off their Mitsubishi Evo car and police bike.
The open day is on Saturday October 6 from 10-1pm.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
- 10 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
Admission is free.