Charity golf day raises more than £5,000 towards hospice
A charity golf day has raised more than £5,000 for a new hospice.
Golfers from as far as Kent joined Norfolk companies at Gorleston Golf Club to raise money for East Coast Hospice.
Up for grabs was a Volkswagen Golf supplied by Robinsons Volkswagen Lowestoft if anyone got a hole in one.
In total £5,500 was raised by the teams from across East Norfolk.
An auction was held to raise further funds with lots donated by Norwich City Football Club, Marina Theatre and Broadland Wine Bar amongst others.
At the half-way house tea and cake was on offer for players.
East Coast Hospice is fundraising to build Margaret Chadd House hospice in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
The charity says it will be the “most important medical establishment to be built in East Norfolk/East Suffolk for many years”.