Children's entertainer visits Gorleston
THERE was a serious message behind the fun at a show teaching children the importance of road safety.Professional entertainer Olly Day didn't miss a trick getting the point across to pupils at Gorleston's St Mary's Roman Catholic Primary School last week.
THERE was a serious message behind the fun at a show teaching children the importance of road safety.
Professional entertainer Olly Day didn't miss a trick getting the point across to pupils at Gorleston's St Mary's Roman Catholic Primary School last week. Olly has visited 12 schools throughout the area with his Road Safety Magic Show in the last two weeks performing to around 3,000 children.
Now approaching his 750th appearance, Olly has been working on behalf of the Norfolk Casualty Reduction Team campaign for the last 15 years. He said: “The children love it there is lots of laughter in the show, which touches on important aspects of road safety.
“I tell them how important it is to wear cycle helmets, make sure to stop, look and listen, not play on the paths and wear reflectors and seat belts.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no doubt that child road casualties have dropped in recent years, it is very important that you catch them young. I am very proud of the show and definitely feel it has made a difference.”
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge