Chippy recognised as one of best
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best. J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best.
J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
The shop was taken over by local businessman and borough councillor Graham Plant and his son Ryan two years.
Ryan, 25, runs the shop and has kept the tradition of cooking almost exclusively locally caught fish from Lowestoft.
It specialises in line-caught cod and haddock, but skate is one of the biggest sellers. Plaice and lemon sole on the bone is also a particular favourite with locals, when it is in season.
J Thompson Fish and Chips also sources potatoes locally.
- 1 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 2 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 3 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 6 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?
Mr Plant said he was very proud of his son's achievements and was delighted the chippy had been recognised by the BBC's Countryfile.
He said: “I'm very proud of what he has achieved in a short space of time.”
The chippy has a broad customer base with some travelling from as far as Wymondham to sample the fish and chips.