Chippy recognised as one of best
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best. J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best.
J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
The shop was taken over by local businessman and borough councillor Graham Plant and his son Ryan two years.
Ryan, 25, runs the shop and has kept the tradition of cooking almost exclusively locally caught fish from Lowestoft.
It specialises in line-caught cod and haddock, but skate is one of the biggest sellers. Plaice and lemon sole on the bone is also a particular favourite with locals, when it is in season.
J Thompson Fish and Chips also sources potatoes locally.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 5 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 6 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 7 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 8 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
Mr Plant said he was very proud of his son's achievements and was delighted the chippy had been recognised by the BBC's Countryfile.
He said: “I'm very proud of what he has achieved in a short space of time.”
The chippy has a broad customer base with some travelling from as far as Wymondham to sample the fish and chips.