Chippy recognised as one of best
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best. J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best.
J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
The shop was taken over by local businessman and borough councillor Graham Plant and his son Ryan two years.
Ryan, 25, runs the shop and has kept the tradition of cooking almost exclusively locally caught fish from Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
It specialises in line-caught cod and haddock, but skate is one of the biggest sellers. Plaice and lemon sole on the bone is also a particular favourite with locals, when it is in season.
J Thompson Fish and Chips also sources potatoes locally.
- 1 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 4 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 5 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 6 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 7 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown
- 8 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 9 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 10 'Any idea what it might be?' - Vicar uncovers mystery ruin
Mr Plant said he was very proud of his son's achievements and was delighted the chippy had been recognised by the BBC's Countryfile.
He said: “I'm very proud of what he has achieved in a short space of time.”
The chippy has a broad customer base with some travelling from as far as Wymondham to sample the fish and chips.