Chippy recognised as one of best
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best. J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
A FISH and chip shop in Caister has been recognised in the BBC's Countryfile's Pick of the Best.
J Thompson Fish and Chips, on Tan Lane, is the only chippy in the East of England to appear on the list.
The shop was taken over by local businessman and borough councillor Graham Plant and his son Ryan two years.
Ryan, 25, runs the shop and has kept the tradition of cooking almost exclusively locally caught fish from Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
It specialises in line-caught cod and haddock, but skate is one of the biggest sellers. Plaice and lemon sole on the bone is also a particular favourite with locals, when it is in season.
J Thompson Fish and Chips also sources potatoes locally.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
Mr Plant said he was very proud of his son's achievements and was delighted the chippy had been recognised by the BBC's Countryfile.
He said: “I'm very proud of what he has achieved in a short space of time.”
The chippy has a broad customer base with some travelling from as far as Wymondham to sample the fish and chips.