Circus plunged into darkness
THE afternoon show at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome circus had to be cancelled today after a power cut. Supplier EDF Energy confirmed power was lost to some customers in the Marine Parade area at about 3.
THE afternoon show at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome circus had to be cancelled today after a power cut.
Supplier EDF Energy confirmed power was lost to some customers in the Marine Parade area at about 3.47pm today.
Circus owner Peter Jay said: “The power went off just before the interval as the Brazilian spring board act were reaching the climax of their performance. We had more than 800 people inside.”
Mr Jay explained it was the second time that the circus had lost power in five days. “We had to cancel Friday night's show because the power went off in the afternoon and we couldn't find out whether it was going to be restored in time.”
You may also want to watch:
Engineers are currently on site investigating the cause of the power cut.
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 3 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 4 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 5 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 8 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
- 9 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found