Circus plunged into darkness
THE afternoon show at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome circus had to be cancelled today after a power cut. Supplier EDF Energy confirmed power was lost to some customers in the Marine Parade area at about 3.
THE afternoon show at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome circus had to be cancelled today after a power cut.
Supplier EDF Energy confirmed power was lost to some customers in the Marine Parade area at about 3.47pm today.
Circus owner Peter Jay said: “The power went off just before the interval as the Brazilian spring board act were reaching the climax of their performance. We had more than 800 people inside.”
Mr Jay explained it was the second time that the circus had lost power in five days. “We had to cancel Friday night's show because the power went off in the afternoon and we couldn't find out whether it was going to be restored in time.”
You may also want to watch:
Engineers are currently on site investigating the cause of the power cut.
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth