Circus plunged into darkness
THE afternoon show at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome circus had to be cancelled today after a power cut. Supplier EDF Energy confirmed power was lost to some customers in the Marine Parade area at about 3.
THE afternoon show at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome circus had to be cancelled today after a power cut.
Supplier EDF Energy confirmed power was lost to some customers in the Marine Parade area at about 3.47pm today.
Circus owner Peter Jay said: “The power went off just before the interval as the Brazilian spring board act were reaching the climax of their performance. We had more than 800 people inside.”
Mr Jay explained it was the second time that the circus had lost power in five days. “We had to cancel Friday night's show because the power went off in the afternoon and we couldn't find out whether it was going to be restored in time.”
Engineers are currently on site investigating the cause of the power cut.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 3 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
- 4 Christmas cheer despite Storm Arwen at Christmas market
- 5 Man arrested in connection with sexual assault of girl released on bail
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 'Great to be back' - Big crowd at Great Yarmouth Christmas lights switch on
- 8 Staffing issues prompts Yarmouth vaccine centre to cancel walk-ins
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school