Cliff Park High School
Students at Cliff Park High School gave an early Christmas treat to pensioners at the Magdalen Day Centre in Gorleston.The pupils collected Christmas goodies at the end of term and delivered them to residents, taking the time to swap stories with members of the day centre.
Students at Cliff Park High School gave an early Christmas treat to pensioners at the Magdalen Day Centre in Gorleston.
The pupils collected Christmas goodies at the end of term and delivered them to residents, taking the time to swap stories with members of the day centre.
Sue Homer head of house, said: “This has enabled both groups to interact and gives both the students and older residents the opportunity to learn from each other and relate to each other at this special time of year. This has helped towards building links between two different generations.”
The idea for the Christmas goodie collection came from the students and all items taken will be shared throughout the day centre.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the day centre were very supportive and all pupils commented on how much they enjoyed the experience.
All students from Cliff Park High School visited St Andrew's Church for a Christmas Service that included traditional carols and Bible readings. Student leaders of the school requested a more traditional Christmas celebration through the school forum called Baraza and the event at St Andrews was the result. The music department provided supporting music and the choir was in good voice.
- 1 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 4 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 5 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Driver reported after being caught with completely smashed windscreen
- 8 Man caught with more than 2,000 indecent images of children he claimed he had found on a device
- 9 Where to watch fireworks for Bonfire Night in the borough
- 10 Driver shortage leads to timber pile up at harbour