Cliff Park High School
Students at Cliff Park High School gave an early Christmas treat to pensioners at the Magdalen Day Centre in Gorleston.The pupils collected Christmas goodies at the end of term and delivered them to residents, taking the time to swap stories with members of the day centre.
Students at Cliff Park High School gave an early Christmas treat to pensioners at the Magdalen Day Centre in Gorleston.
The pupils collected Christmas goodies at the end of term and delivered them to residents, taking the time to swap stories with members of the day centre.
Sue Homer head of house, said: “This has enabled both groups to interact and gives both the students and older residents the opportunity to learn from each other and relate to each other at this special time of year. This has helped towards building links between two different generations.”
The idea for the Christmas goodie collection came from the students and all items taken will be shared throughout the day centre.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the day centre were very supportive and all pupils commented on how much they enjoyed the experience.
All students from Cliff Park High School visited St Andrew's Church for a Christmas Service that included traditional carols and Bible readings. Student leaders of the school requested a more traditional Christmas celebration through the school forum called Baraza and the event at St Andrews was the result. The music department provided supporting music and the choir was in good voice.
- 1 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 2 Riverside road closed after sinkhole opens up
- 3 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
- 4 'Subtly creepy' man, 70, posed as teen to chat to 12-year-old girls
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Mercedes badge or shooting star? Confusion over town's new light display
- 7 Eyes down for bingo and bubbly as players toast their return
- 8 Norfolk high school appoints new principal after 'difficult year'
- 9 Missing man found safe and well in woodland near his home
- 10 'Check your outbuildings' - Concern grows for missing 26-year-old