Cliff Park's Austria visit
A PARTY from Cliff Park High School spent an enjoyable Easter week skiing in the Sportwelt Amade area of Austria. After a day of heavy snow on the, the young people were able to spend the remainder of the week skiing in glorious sunshine and blue skies.
A PARTY from Cliff Park High School spent an enjoyable Easter week skiing in the Sportwelt Amade area of Austria.
After a day of heavy snow on the, the young people were able to spend the remainder of the week skiing in glorious sunshine and blue skies.
As well as skiing, the group enjoyed swimming, bowling and a late night tour of Salzburg by an authentic Austrian 'Night Watchman' complete with a frightening medieval weapon.
By the end of the week all of the skiers - from beginners to advanced - had worked hard and made great progress with their skiing, finishing with all 48 skiing the final run together in a great show of friendship and community.
Once again the students were a credit to the school and to their town with excellent behaviour and commitment throughout.
With next year's trip already fully booked, the school is now looking forward to a summer of training on the artificial slope before a busy season of ski racing starting in September.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 4 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 5 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
With a strong tradition of success, the race teams are aiming to compete right up to international level this year with at least two skiers aiming for the national squads.