Cliff Richard plays wedding guest
Motorists driving along the A47 in Norfolk at the weekend must have thought they were seeing things.Behind the wheel of a gleaming maroon/burgundy-coloured Bentley was none other than singer Cliff Richard.
Motorists driving along the A47 in Norfolk at the weekend must have thought they were seeing things.
Behind the wheel of a gleaming maroon/burgundy-coloured Bentley was none other than singer Cliff Richard.
And although his visit to Norfolk was no summer holiday he may well have been heard singing Congratulations to the pretty bride sitting in the back of his vehicle with her proud dad at her side.
But the motorists' eyes were not playing tricks because one of the country's most famous and enduring music legends really was at the wheel of the iconic vehicle carrying his niece from her village home near Dereham to her wedding in Norwich.
What those motorists would not have seen but the wedding guests did, was that the near 70-year-old songster was wearing purple-coloured shoes to match the hue of his suit.
And it seems that Cliff's shoes were a talking point at the wedding on Saturday when Rachael Harrison, of Wendling married Liam Roberts, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witnesses, off Rosary Road, in Norwich.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
Rachael's mother, Jacqui Harrison is Cliff's sister, and when arrangements were being made for Rachael's big day her famous uncle was only too happy to offer his services, not only providing his luxury vehicle to take the bride to the wedding venue, but also to be the driver.
Having such a famous face at your wedding could have led to the bride being up-staged, but “our Cliff” made sure that did not happen by keeping as low profile as possible but happily posing for photographs when asked to by the guests. He even carried through his chaffeur's role by opening the door for the pretty bride on arrival at the Kingdom Hall.