Will you clang for climate?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People are being encouraged to ring bells in a Great Yarmouth park to highlight the dangers of climate change.
Green New Deal Great Yarmouth has organised a Great Yarmouth Clang for Climate day of action event in St George's Park on Saturday, November 6 at 1pm.
It will have stalls from local organisations that seek to contribute to green solutions to try and save the planet.
People will also be asked to ring handbells to sound the alarm for climate change and to say what they think are local priorities.
The event is one of many taking place all over the world during COP26, the climate summit attended by world leaders in Glasgow.
Green New Deal Great Yarmouth brings together residents who want to see action from the government on both climate change and creating green, sustainable jobs in the area.
Maggie Brown, from the group, said: “The COP26 summit is a key opportunity for world leaders to make a difference on climate change, and towns like Great Yarmouth need that change."
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 4 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 5 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk this week: Soldier who raped child and man who stabbed ex
- 7 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 8 Stephen Mulhern comes to Yarmouth in tonight's episode of In for a Penny
- 9 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 10 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org