Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Coastguard teams spent six hours searching for a missing man but were unable to locate him.
Jamie Mason from London was last seen at a campsite in Waxham on Friday morning (July 30), and is expected to have remained in the coastal areas of Norfolk.
Just after 6pm on Friday, Bacton and Gorleston Coastguard were tasked with helping to find the missing 46-year-old.
The teams searched the beach from Caister to Horsey, while Hemsby Lifeboat carried out a shoreline search.
Lowland Search and Rescue, meanwhile, focused on the area around Winterton dunes.
By midnight, the teams decided to suspend the search.
Mr Mason is described as a white man, 5ft 8 inches in height, with short, dark hair and a stocky build.
Officers are concerned for his welfare welfare, and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen him.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 5 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 8 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 9 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk police on 101, quoting incident number 165 of 30 July.