College wins national award
GREAT Yarmouth College has once again won the coveted Matrix quality standard kite mark for services to its learners. It is the third time the college has been among the likes of Rolls Royce and Lloyds TSB to be awarded a prestigious Matrix award for its information, advice and guidance services - first in 2004 and again in 2007.
GREAT Yarmouth College has once again won the coveted Matrix quality standard kite mark for services to its learners.
It is the third time the college has been among the likes of Rolls Royce and Lloyds TSB to be awarded a prestigious Matrix award for its information, advice and guidance services - first in 2004 and again in 2007.
This week, following a two-day inspection involving interviews with 30 staff and 43 students, its “excellent” services were awarded the kite mark again for another three years.
Among the many positives highlighted, the inspector praised the “added value” offered to learners to equip them to find jobs.
You may also want to watch:
College staff had “grasped the employability nettle,” he said, by focusing on practical skills like CV writing, filling in application forms and interview techniques to make learners independent, successful job seekers and be a step ahead of students at other institutions.
Learners also had “informed choices” because of the comprehensive services offered by an “enthusiastic team.”
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
The Matrix kite mark is the only national quality mark for information advice and guidance.
Head of individualised learning Peter Thompson, said that it was an “amazing accolade for the newly formed centre” and had begun to fulfil his vision for a “one stop shop” to meet all the diverse needs of learners.
He added: “Learners are at the heart of all we do at the college, and information, advice and guidance play a vital role in supporting our learners and towards meeting the college's mission.
“The inspector was looking at services from every angle - from the student's angle, the tutor's angle and our partners like Connexions and Include. We met all of the standards and had lots of positive feedback.”
For more information contact Sandy Ratcliffe on 01493 418300.