Coming Soon! Gorleston’s new cinema reveals opening date
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston’s newest cinema is almost ready for its first screening - and advance reviews reveal it will be worth the wait.
The delayed project has twice suffered set-backs but now Palace Cinema owner Patrick Duffy has said the final touches are underway.
Mr Duffy said the cinema would be fully operational by half term with a glitzy Hollywood-style premiere planned for early November.
He said many people passing had wanted to come in for a sneak peak and hailed the town for its interest and support.
MORE: Gorleston goes back to the movies with £1m cinema revival schemeAt a recent meeting he was given a round of applause he said, such was the level of local goodwill surrounding the project.
And he revealed that the old library clock would be re-positioned on the cinema.
Everything being put in was brand new and hopefully problem-free he said with state-of-the-art seating in luxurious reds and blues.
He said he was particularly happy with the upstairs bar.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 10 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
Everyone involved was working towards a “soft” October 20 opening ahead of the school holidays.