Coming Soon! Gorleston’s new cinema reveals opening date
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston’s newest cinema is almost ready for its first screening - and advance reviews reveal it will be worth the wait.
The delayed project has twice suffered set-backs but now Palace Cinema owner Patrick Duffy has said the final touches are underway.
Mr Duffy said the cinema would be fully operational by half term with a glitzy Hollywood-style premiere planned for early November.
He said many people passing had wanted to come in for a sneak peak and hailed the town for its interest and support.
MORE: Gorleston goes back to the movies with £1m cinema revival schemeAt a recent meeting he was given a round of applause he said, such was the level of local goodwill surrounding the project.
And he revealed that the old library clock would be re-positioned on the cinema.
Everything being put in was brand new and hopefully problem-free he said with state-of-the-art seating in luxurious reds and blues.
He said he was particularly happy with the upstairs bar.
- 1 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 2 MTV heading to Great Yarmouth for 'ultimate weekend'
- 3 Man kicked incontinent Doberman after it left mess
- 4 Holiday flats bid for seafront hotel after homes plan rejected
- 5 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 6 Man accused of woman's murder in Gorleston unfit to enter plea
- 7 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 8 Data shows Yarmouth among least vaccinated areas of UK
- 9 'Vulnerable' 21-year-old still missing after six days
- 10 Christmas parties go ahead in Great Yarmouth as caution warned
Everyone involved was working towards a “soft” October 20 opening ahead of the school holidays.