Gorleston braced for Boyle beach scene
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
More than 5,000 tickets have been issued ahead of filming of a concert scene on Gorleston beach for Danny Boyle’s latest film.
The Oscar-winning director, behind the likes of Slumdog Millionaire and The Beach, has already shot scenes in Halesworth, Lowestoft and at the James Paget Hospital.
The film is written by Richard Curtis and it is understood the plot centres around a world in which The Beatles never existed, with Suffolk pop superstar Ed Sheeran said to feature in the film.
Last month an appeal was issued for 5,000 extras in the area to take part in the shooting of a concert scene for the film on Gorleston beach and within a day more than 7,400 people had registered for a place.
Now organisers have issued tickets for the event next Wednesday, but are warning people that entry will be granted on a first come first serve basis, as more than 5,000 tickets have been issued to make up for those who do not attend on the day.
It is also vital that crowd members bring photo ID, as entry may not be granted without it.
Despite speculation surrounding the period in which the film is set, there are no particular dress code requirements for guests, other than to wear weather appropriate clothing.
Shooting will take place regardless of conditions and crowds are welcome to bring beach gear with them, but are asked not to bring large bags due to limited space.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 8 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 9 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
Park and Ride ticket holders will be collected from Bluebell Meadow, off the B1534 roundabout in Gorleston Lane.
People are asked to arrive no later than 11.00am, with filming expected to be wrapped up by around 5pm.