Couple's wedding saved by Caldecott Hall
A bride-to-be has got the smile back on her face after an hotelier stepped into rescue her cancelled wedding.Singer Liza Wolfe and fianc� Joe Hood had their plans for an autumn wedding at idyllic Aldborough Hall in north Norfolk dashed this summer when the place suddenly closed amid financial problems.
A bride-to-be has got the smile back on her face after an hotelier stepped into rescue her cancelled wedding.
Singer Liza Wolfe and fianc� Joe Hood had their plans for an autumn wedding at idyllic Aldborough Hall in north Norfolk dashed this summer when the place suddenly closed amid financial problems.
It was the second time they had called off the ceremony - the first coming in April when Joe was diagnosed with cancer.
But hotel owner Lawrence Gage has offered the couple from Banningham near Aylsham the free use of Caldecott Hall near Yarmouth.
The couple lost their �1,500 deposit at Aldborough, and have since had letters saying one of the partners was bankrupt, giving them no hope of getting their money back.
So the offer of Caldecott's Barn function room and honeymoon suite - complete with Italian four-poster bed and Jacuzzi bath - had been a real pick me up, said Mr Hood, who is recovering from his condition after chemotherapy, and was looking forward to the wedding as a pick-me-up.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
It came about through Liza's work as a singer, and chatting to a wedding organiser who was sorting out someone else's celebrations, including music from Liza. The organiser was moved by the couple's sad story, and contacted the popular wedding venue Caldecott Hall at Fritton to see if it could help.
Weddings organiser there Emma Crowe said Mr Gage was happy to help having heard about the couple's sad saga. The package offered was worth more than �1,600.
Liza and Joe will tie the knot at Caldecott on October 24, with the entertainment including a burlesque act, and music from band Agent Orange.
She is a well known local entertainer who performs solo and with her band. He is a former retail and marketing analyst who now helps manage the band.
Mr Hood said: “We were getting disheartened so this generous offer is fantastic news,” he added.