Couple's wedding saved by Caldecott Hall
A bride-to-be has got the smile back on her face after an hotelier stepped into rescue her cancelled wedding.Singer Liza Wolfe and fianc� Joe Hood had their plans for an autumn wedding at idyllic Aldborough Hall in north Norfolk dashed this summer when the place suddenly closed amid financial problems.
A bride-to-be has got the smile back on her face after an hotelier stepped into rescue her cancelled wedding.
Singer Liza Wolfe and fianc� Joe Hood had their plans for an autumn wedding at idyllic Aldborough Hall in north Norfolk dashed this summer when the place suddenly closed amid financial problems.
It was the second time they had called off the ceremony - the first coming in April when Joe was diagnosed with cancer.
But hotel owner Lawrence Gage has offered the couple from Banningham near Aylsham the free use of Caldecott Hall near Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The couple lost their �1,500 deposit at Aldborough, and have since had letters saying one of the partners was bankrupt, giving them no hope of getting their money back.
So the offer of Caldecott's Barn function room and honeymoon suite - complete with Italian four-poster bed and Jacuzzi bath - had been a real pick me up, said Mr Hood, who is recovering from his condition after chemotherapy, and was looking forward to the wedding as a pick-me-up.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
It came about through Liza's work as a singer, and chatting to a wedding organiser who was sorting out someone else's celebrations, including music from Liza. The organiser was moved by the couple's sad story, and contacted the popular wedding venue Caldecott Hall at Fritton to see if it could help.
Weddings organiser there Emma Crowe said Mr Gage was happy to help having heard about the couple's sad saga. The package offered was worth more than �1,600.
Liza and Joe will tie the knot at Caldecott on October 24, with the entertainment including a burlesque act, and music from band Agent Orange.
She is a well known local entertainer who performs solo and with her band. He is a former retail and marketing analyst who now helps manage the band.
Mr Hood said: “We were getting disheartened so this generous offer is fantastic news,” he added.