Crackdown on door staff licences
CHECKS were conducted on door supervisors working in Great Yarmouth on Friday night as part of operation to ensure public safety. Working together, the Security Industry Authority and police checked door supervisors held and displayed valid SIA licences - a requirement by law.
CHECKS were conducted on door supervisors working in Great Yarmouth on Friday night as part of operation to ensure public safety.
Working together, the Security Industry Authority and police checked door supervisors held and displayed valid SIA licences - a requirement by law.
At licensed premises including a caravan park, 27 operatives were inspected. Only one individual was warned for failing to display their licence.
Nigel Davies, an SIA Head of Investigation said: “I am pleased with the high compliance found on Friday night. During the summer months, Great Yarmouth becomes a popular holiday spot for families so it is important that the necessary security arrangements are in place to maintain public safety - only SIA licensed operatives should be working in positions of trust.”
You may also want to watch:
PC Jeremy Brown of the police's licensing regulation team said: “We are working very closely with the SIA and other partners to ensure that people who live in Great Yarmouth or visit the town can be confident that the premises in the area operate to the highest of standards. It reflects well that on the whole, the licensed industry within the town are taking their responsibilities within the law seriously and operating professional establishments.”
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 3 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 4 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 5 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 6 Man denies raping woman in flat above fast food outlet
- 7 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans memorial garden for Gorleston woman
- 8 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found