Crash chaos on A12
AN OVERTURNED car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
AN OVERTURNED car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.
The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A police spokesman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.