Crash chaos on A12
AN OVERTURNED car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
AN OVERTURNED car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.
The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A police spokesman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.