Crash chaos on A12
AN OVERTURNED car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
AN OVERTURNED car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.
The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A police spokesman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 3 Woman threatened with 10in bread knife and two meat cleavers, court told
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 6 How can Hemsby best be protected from surging seas?
- 7 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.