Credit union move on to high street
A NORTH Norfolk credit union is on the move just a few months after it opened.The Happing Community Bank, based in Stalham, has been operating once a week from the church rooms of St Mary's Parish Church since February.
A NORTH Norfolk credit union is on the move just a few months after it opened.
The Happing Community Bank, based in Stalham, has been operating once a week from the church rooms of St Mary's Parish Church since February.
On Saturday it will switch to its new premises at the Happing Shop, on the town's High Street, where it will sit alongside other services like the Citizens Advice Bureau and North Norfolk Skills Partnership .
Norfolk Credit Unions, which runs community banks across the county, hopes people struggling in the recession will come to them for loans rather than entering into contracts with loan sharks and door-step lenders.
You may also want to watch:
The credit union is run by volunteers with all loans being funded by savers from the same community.
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 6 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 7 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale