Credit union move on to high street
A NORTH Norfolk credit union is on the move just a few months after it opened.The Happing Community Bank, based in Stalham, has been operating once a week from the church rooms of St Mary's Parish Church since February.
A NORTH Norfolk credit union is on the move just a few months after it opened.
The Happing Community Bank, based in Stalham, has been operating once a week from the church rooms of St Mary's Parish Church since February.
On Saturday it will switch to its new premises at the Happing Shop, on the town's High Street, where it will sit alongside other services like the Citizens Advice Bureau and North Norfolk Skills Partnership .
Norfolk Credit Unions, which runs community banks across the county, hopes people struggling in the recession will come to them for loans rather than entering into contracts with loan sharks and door-step lenders.
You may also want to watch:
The credit union is run by volunteers with all loans being funded by savers from the same community.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news