Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A man convicted of peddling has been banned from entering Gorleston High Street at night.
Allan Scott, 40, of no fixed address, was handed a two-year criminal behaviour order (CBO) following a number of incidents including anti-social behaviour.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on April 30 after pleading guilty to a number of incidents between March and April 2020.
The court heard that Scott had been selling items without a licence, causing anti-social behaviour and failing to comply with coronavirus health regulations.
The provisions set out in the CBO state that Scott must not enter Gorleston High Street at any time, except between 11am and 12am.
Gorleston Beat Manager, PC Richard Bladon said: "These orders give us the opportunity to prevent further offences being committed. It also acts as a way for us to provide reassurance to the public that we will deal with persistent law breakers."
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 4 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 7 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 8 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston