Young girl suffered back fractures in A47 crash
- Credit: James Bass
A young girl suffered fractures to her back after a crash on the A47 at Great Yarmouth, a court has heard.
Robert Walker, 72, had been driving his Volvo on the A47 Acle Straight.
Norwich Magistrates Court heard there was a crash after Walker went into the back of an Astra vehicle in front which had been braking and was pushed into the rear of the vehicle infront.
Denise Holland, prosecuting, said one of the children in the car in front suffered fractures to her vertebrate and a boy in the car suffered whiplash.
Walker, of Drayton High Road, Drayton, appeared in court on Monday (December 21) having admitted driving without due care and attention on August 20 this year.
Walker, who represented himself, said he had braked but could not stop in time.
He was given five penalty points, was fined £290, ordered to pay £105 costs and a £34 victim surcharge.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 10 Drug dealer who targeted young people in Great Yarmouth jailed