Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children.
Gary Blyth, 57, of Hawthorn Road in Gorleston, appeared at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (May 5).
He is facing three charges of making indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of a child.
The alleged offences include 3,382 Category A images - the most serious - and 22 Category A videos, 3,603 Category B images and 16 Category B videos, as well as 220,773 Category C images and 101 videos.
Prosecutor Katherine Houghton told the court that the case was not suitable for a summary trial at the magistrates' court.
The accused was released on unconditional bail, with the case next listed for hearing at Norwich Crown Court on June 2.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- 3 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 4 Man with cerebral palsy hits Norfolk on 1,900 mile run
- 5 Government looks set to delay lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions
- 6 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 7 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 8 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 9 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 10 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery