Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children.
Gary Blyth, 57, of Hawthorn Road in Gorleston, appeared at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (May 5).
He is facing three charges of making indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of a child.
The alleged offences include 3,382 Category A images - the most serious - and 22 Category A videos, 3,603 Category B images and 16 Category B videos, as well as 220,773 Category C images and 101 videos.
Prosecutor Katherine Houghton told the court that the case was not suitable for a summary trial at the magistrates' court.
The accused was released on unconditional bail, with the case next listed for hearing at Norwich Crown Court on June 2.
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 6 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Do you recognise this man?
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47