Man in 20s punched repeatedly in 'racially aggravated assault'
A racially aggravated assault saw a victim being followed in his car before being repeatedly punched.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the assault took place at around 7.10pm on Station Road in Hopton-on-Sea on Wednesday.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had been driving towards Great Yarmouth.
Both the victim and suspect’s cars had come to a stop, before the suspect left his car and approached the victim.
The suspect is reported to have opened the victim’s car door, before racially, verbally abusing him.
The victim stepped out of his car and was repeatedly punched and pushed by the suspect.
After members of the public tried to intervene, the victim was also hit in the back by a passenger from the suspect’s vehicle, who had approached the altercation.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 3 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 8 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
- 9 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 10 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
The victim sustained minor injuries, and minor damage to his car.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with dash cam footage from the area at the time is asked to contact PC Amy Durrant at Gorleston Police Station on 101, quoting crime number 36/58277/21.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.