Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Two men have been jailed for stealing nitrous oxide from a hospital on the coast.
Four cannisters of the substance, commonly known as 'laughing gas', were taken from James Paget Hospital in Gorleston at around 2am on September 19, 2019.
Following an investigation by Norfolk Police’s Moonshot East Team, Jake Roberts, 24, and of no fixed address, and Oliver Evans, 23, and of no fixed address, were charged with burglary in February 2021.
Both Roberts and Evans were sentenced to 22 months in prison at Great Yarmouth Magistrate’s Court last Thursday (April 8).
The hospital has said there was no operational disruption due to the theft.
A spokesperson said: “Any crime against the Trust, its patients or staff will always be reported to the police and we will work closely with officers with the aim of bringing those responsible to justice.”
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed