Man glassed and police called to large fight over bank holiday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
Police have issued a warning after a man was glassed and a brawl broke out in town over the bank holiday weekend.
Police received 14 emergency 999 calls about alcohol-related anti-social behaviour and disorder between 9pm on Saturday and 2am on Sunday (29-May 30 2021), stretching police resources to the maximum across the county.
In Great Yarmouth, a man suffered a serious head injury after being glassed at a venue on Marine Parade.
Police attended just before 1.20am on Sunday, May 30 and a 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and released on bail until June 23 while enquiries continue.
Meanwhile across the other end of town before this, a large fight broke out.
Officers attended the brawl in Broad Row, Great Yarmouth, just after midnight where four people, aged 35, 36, 39 and 40, were arrested on suspicion of affray.
All were questioned in custody and released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 3 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 4 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 5 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 6 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 7 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 8 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears