Man glassed and police called to large fight over bank holiday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
Police have issued a warning after a man was glassed and a brawl broke out in town over the bank holiday weekend.
Police received 14 emergency 999 calls about alcohol-related anti-social behaviour and disorder between 9pm on Saturday and 2am on Sunday (29-May 30 2021), stretching police resources to the maximum across the county.
In Great Yarmouth, a man suffered a serious head injury after being glassed at a venue on Marine Parade.
Police attended just before 1.20am on Sunday, May 30 and a 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and released on bail until June 23 while enquiries continue.
Meanwhile across the other end of town before this, a large fight broke out.
Officers attended the brawl in Broad Row, Great Yarmouth, just after midnight where four people, aged 35, 36, 39 and 40, were arrested on suspicion of affray.
All were questioned in custody and released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- 1 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 2 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 3 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 4 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 5 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery
- 6 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 7 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 8 Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- 9 Burglar caught after he left his mobile phone at scene
- 10 'No mask, no entry' - Cinema defends policy after turning away customers