Man in 20s suffers broken jaw after late night attack in coastal town
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital with a broken jaw after being attacked in a Norfolk coastal town.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious assault in Great Yarmouth in the early hours of Saturday, June 26.
The altercation took place around 1.15am in which the victim encountered two unknown men along Marine Parade, before he was assaulted.
The victim, a man aged in his 20s, suffered serious injuries including a broken jaw and was taken to the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston for treatment.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information which could help the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Stephanie Dashwood at Gorleston Police Station on 101 quoting crime number 36/44920/21 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 3 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital