VW Golf crashes into parked cars and flips on roof after police chase
- Credit: Google maps
Three people have been arrested after a police chase ended with a driver smashing into parked cars.
It happened after police tried to stop a silver VW Golf on St Hugh's Green in Gorleston at around 10.45pm last night (Wednesday, September 29) due to the manner of driving, but it sped away.
Officers pursued the vehicle after it failed to stop, which resulted in the Golf colliding with two parked cars on Wadham Road and flipping onto its roof.
A man and a woman, both aged in their 30s, were arrested at the scene.
A man in his 20s was also arrested on suspicion of public order offences and obstructing police.
They all remain in Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and will be questioned in due course.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also attended to make the area safe and deal with a fuel leak, taking around 40 minutes.
- 1 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 2 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 3 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 8 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 9 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
There were no reports of any injuries.