Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- Credit: Google
Police have linked a spate of burglaries across the Great Yarmouth area in which windows were smashed and jewellery stolen.
Three burglaries were reported in the area on Monday, January 17.
At 9am, a property was entered in The Craft in Winterton-on-Sea through a smashed window.
Between 11.30am and 1.50pm, a house in California Avenue in Scratby was broken into and a quantity of jewellery and cash were taken.
A brick was thrown through the window of a third house in The Glebe in Hemsby some time between 8am and 1pm.
Cash was stolen from this address.
Four similar burglaries in the area occurred over the last month and have been linked with the above incidents.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Officers are asking anybody who witnessed an incident or any suspicious activity during the times mentioned to contact Great Yarmouth CID via 101, quoting crime reference number 36/4177/22.
They are also asking anyone with CCTV, doorbell or dashcam footage from the areas at the time to come forward.
Alternatively , people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.