Three arrested for arson, drugs, and theft after police swoop at hospital
- Credit: David Blastock
Three people were arrested in Gorleston by officers investigating an arson in Great Yarmouth.
Police stopped a Ford Focus in the car park of the James Paget University Hospital at about midday on Tuesday (August 17) arresting the driver and two passengers, in connection with an arson and other offences.
The car was on false plates.
The driver, a 28-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of arson endangering life, drug driving, driving while disqualified, driving without insurance, fraud, theft of a motor vehicle, possession of an offensive weapon and theft of a pedal cycle.
Two passengers, men aged 18 and 30, were both arrested on suspicion of arson endangering life, theft of a motor vehicle, possession of an offensive weapon, possession of cannabis, and burglary.
The car was seized by police and all three suspects were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and later released on bail until September 7 while inquiries continue.
The arson relates to an incident on St Peters Road on August 12 when a property was set on fire.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Do you recognise this man?